by Diane Leone
Wow your customers by using infographics to explain complicated information in a super attractive visual way.
Infographics are a tool that individuals and companies use to succinctly communicate a substantial idea or a large amount of information effectively, and in a way the reader can easily scan the data and absorb the information. There are different programs available that you can use to create your own infographics with – even with no graphic design skills.
First, Organise the Content for Your Infographic
- Identify your topic and title
- Think through what information you want to communicate
- Narrow that information down to short bullet points in a logical order
- Identify the colors and style that will reflect your brand
- Craft your call to action
Then, Use These 7 Great Tools for Creating Infographics
With the information prepared, it’s time to “create” the infographic. The following are software programs and online websites that can be used to create infographics.
- ly – www.easel.ly – an online site with a selection of free templates; it’s fun to use with easy drag-and-drop functionality.
- Piktochart – piktochart.com – a pay-for-service website that allows you to create infographics for free with a limited supply of templates. Try it out. If you like it and you need to build infographics often, you might find it worth paying to use.
- am – www.infogr.am – an interesting twist on creating infographics, it’s a free service online that uses Excel spreadsheets.
- ly – www.visual.ly – a community platform that is free and allows for both infographic creation and the opportunity to have them shared on Social Media.
- Canva – canva.com – a favourite tool for many Social Media managers, Canva allows you to easily create stunning images, including infographics. Much of Canva is free, and the paid features cost as little as $1.
- Datawrapper – datawrapper.de – allows you to easily create charts and maps in just 4 steps.
- Visme – visme.co – allows the simple creation of charts including infographics, as well as see what other people are creating – great for ideas! Free for up to 3 projects.
Diane Leone is a Certified Inbound Social Medial Marketing Professional, speaker, and professional writer. www.ButterflySocialOnline.com
Join other subscribers getting free access to each edition of Success Stories Magazine as well as 1 new case study per week to your inbox.